The event industry is like Grand Central Station.
Tickets are flying everywhere. There are new, shiny ideas arriving and departing every minute. Pigeons can fly in and drop a nice surprise on your careful planning. At the end of the day, you’re probably tired.
It’s an intense hustle and bustle, but a management system controls the chaos.
Numbers are important both places – whether it’s the time your train pulls away from the platform, or big statistics about trends in the event management industry.
We’ve compiled a list of the latter. Don’t get left behind!
2. Event costs are expected to increase 5% for air travel, 3.9% for room rates, 2.5% for meeting rooms, and 4% for food and beverage or catering in the coming year. (Source: Meeting Professionals International)>>Tweet this!
4. Despite lowers numbers last year, the number of group business trips is predicted to rise 1.6% in 2015 and another 2.5% next year. Spending per trip is nearly $700. (Source: Global Business Travel Association)>>Tweet this!
5. Meeting planners voted “waiting on others to make decisions” as the most maddening part of their jobs. “Stakeholders who think they’re planners” came in second place in for frequent frustrations. (Source: Destination Marketing Association International)>>Tweet this!
6. 70% of event programmers said the viral nature of an event is extremely or very important , but only 16% feel they are very effective at making an event viral, and 63% don’t call themselves effective at all. (Source: FreemanXP, the Event Marketing Institute)>>Tweet this!
7. 44% of attendees use mobile event apps. That number is expected to grow to 56% next year. (Source: CrowdCompass by Cvent, Event Marketing Institute)>>Tweet this!
10. Almost 60% of planners ranked on-site technology as high in importance, with internet connection (wireless or wired) as the technology most needed for a successful meeting. (Source: Destination Hotels & Resorts)>>Tweet this!
11. Event professionals said a custom registration page is the feature they care about the most in a registration platform. Reporting tools and the ability to sending notifications and updates followed next. (Source: Event Manager Blog)>>Tweet this!
12. 83% of attendees checked their email at an in-person meeting or presentation. (Source: UBM Studios, Virtual Edge Institute, Professional Convention Management Association)>>Tweet this!
How do you use these event management statistics to shape your journey through the industry? Did we miss any big numbers? Let us know in the comments section.
Looking for Event Management software? Check out Capterra's list of the best Event Management software solutions.