Auditing is all about painting a truer picture of your business. It is like a quality checklist for project management. But sometimes we miss some of the points on a checklist. Audit software like ProcessGene helps ensure you create and maintain audit checklists.
Keeping a bird’s eye view of your audit process is crucial to any business success. You don’t want financial records with errors. Auditing is the process of cross-checking your financial numbers with reported data. With an audit software like ProcessGene, you can identify financial mismanagement. Business managers can also keep a tab on financial records with audit software.
ProcessGene is one of the most reviewed audit software on Capterra’s audit software directory. If you are looking for alternatives to ProcessGene based on features and price, then read the list below.
iAuditor checks your audit inspection process. You can also add your team members to the software. You can check data collected by your team and review it in real-time. iAuditor keeps your data secure in the cloud. You can sync your data and provide access to team members for specific audit form templates.
- Inspection checklist – This feature lets you drag and drop data fields in a specific inspections category. For example for the food safety inspection of a restaurant, you need to group all inspection questions related to food delivery, front-of-house, kitchen, and more. All inspection checklists come with a ‘Failed Response’ feature that lets you mark question responses as ‘failed’ for unanswered questions. You can add failed responses to questions important for your business to detect risks. These responses notify you about audit issues in your business that need to be addressed immediately.
- Advanced report analytics – iAudior generates audit reports with real-time data updates. This means you can track safety metrics through an advanced analytics dashboard. You can view audit spends or generate analytic reports weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly. The software lets you identify risk issues so that you can take steps to reduce them. The software KPI dashboards generate charts and graphs as you update audit data.
- Collaboration – iAudior helps to improve workflows and communication with your team members. The software lets you share the audit workflow to reduce the time you spend writing reports. The software also lets you control your auditing system by creating a SafetyCulture account for all your team members. You can set up a single organization account or add audit team members on SafetyCulture iAuditor.
The software is available free for a 30-day trial. For more information on plans click here.
- According to one Capterra reviewer, “The versatility of the platform, being able to work with a web portal and windows platform is a benefit for us. The ease of use of setting up audits and being able to review the data we have entered. The help and support service SafetyCulture offers is second to none. It saves us a ton of time in the field and gives you a complex audit report that would’ve been impossible to obtain with conventional methods. We’re able to create a template in 30 minutes, identify gaps in the system and provide real-time feedback.”
- According to a Capterra reviewer, “The front end is great but the data management needs some work. We can export in a CSV or use the API for JSON but it requires some technical investment on our end.”
AuditFile is a cloud-based software designed for CPAs and internal audit teams. The software lets you conduct efficient audits, reviews, and compilations as it integrates with Wiley Advantage Audit.
- Since the software is in the cloud you don’t have to download or install any files on your desktop. You can maintain compliance with auditing standards and peer review requirements by sharing audit data to the cloud.
- Tracking – AuditFile tracks all audit metrics like inspections. This feature enables you to operate at peak efficiency as dashboards and notifications display in real-time. The software also generates reports in a single click.
- Encryption – 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology protects your audit transactions. That means all your data and files are more secure in AuditFile than in hard drives and laptops. The software integrates with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Amazon Web Services stores your data in the data center and is compliant with many SAS70 Type II audits and publishes a Service Organization Controls 1 (SOC 1), Type 2 reports. Publish all these reports under SSAE 16 and the ISAE 3402 professional standards. AWS is also ISO 27001 certified. In short, you don’t have to worry about losing your data or compliance issues.
Pricing of AuditFile plans is monthly or annually. For more information on the plans click here.
- A Capterra reviewer had this positive feedback for the software: “Finally an alternative to cumbersome checklists. AuditFile links planning, the trial balance, audit steps, work papers and financials all in one easy to track the package. Also, its cloud-based with no contracts!”
- Capterra reviewers don’t have any complaints with the software.
The Airsweb Audit Management (Airsweb) has a ‘non-conformance action’ tracking feature. The software also features automatic scheduling to reduce administrative tasks and provide audit tracking of project sites in real-time.
- Audit management – The software lets you build a library of audit templates. You can also use automated scheduling to manage an audit program on different projects. Airsweb includes enhanced audit features such as ISO/OSHA and self-assessment audits.
- Tracking and checklists – You can assign corrective actions to audits to track non-conformances. The software lets you enable remote, off-line audits, and inspections through the Airsweb mobile app. In the mobile app, you can create audit checklists, questionnaires, and scoring rules.
- Manage documents – You can attach images and documents to audits and inspections, offline or through a mobile device.
Pricing information is available by contacting the vendor.
- Airsweb Audit Management lets organizations measure their EHS compliance against regulatory requirements and internal goals. The software is a comprehensive audit program highlights non-conformance. Airsweb also identifies steps to achieve QHSE goals, which includes environmental, product, and corporate responsibility.
- As per Capterra user reviews, there are no complaints regarding the software.
The software provides a suite of audit tools to automate audits. These include checklists, procedures and audit programs, document templates, and spreadsheets. You can conduct each audit inspection with different audit methods, depending on the specific audit site. You can customize and expand the audit method during the audit process.
- Assessing risks – Before planning the audit process it is important to study the audit site to assess business risks and their impact on the accounting entries. The software lets you identify audit risks, during the issuance of financial statements.
- Documenting edits – AuditDesktop lets you conduct and document audits based on a pre-set methodology. You can customize these methods for specific audit engagements. AuditDesktop improves and expands the audit process during an audit process. You can store each audit method as a document template for similar audit sites.
- Materiality – AuditDesktop has an integrated working paper to define materiality during an audit process. Determining materiality for financial statements and performance is directly related to the statements entered. Materiality is crucial for any business to measure the impact of incorrect entries in financial statements.
Information on pricing and trial are available by contacting the vendor.
According to a Capterra reviewer, “Working with Easy Check is very helpful for me to follow the audit procedure and that is the reason to have much time to focus on the financial report.”
Capterra reviewers feel that the software should integrate with MS Office tools.
5. DATEV Audit
DATEV Audit’s Audit Working Papers feature supports all audit activities related to file management and writing reports. The vendor has country specific audit services catering to European countries.
- Consolidation – The software combines financial statements of a company with offices in many locations. The software offers currency conversion tools and helps in importing individual financial statements into the corporate group structuring scheme.
- Data analysis – The dab:exporter provides data access and extraction based on the compliance standards of ACL, GDPdU, and CSV. The software also features DATEV Data Assurance Framework to process procedures from other audit methods such as Benford analysis, Gaps, chi-square test, Identical number, and more.
- Managing financial reports – The software offers many ways to customize your financial statements. Customizations include creating a marketing brochure or including infographics in the annual audit reports and client presentations. The software features a checklist system to ensures that you incorporate all the important actions and calculations during the creation of audit documents.
Pricing information of the audit software is available by contacting the vendor.
Capterra reviewers like the multi-lingual support for the software. The software is easy to use as it’s user interface is like MS Office. The software is also available in South American countries featuring Portuguese and Spanish languages.
Capterra user reviews do not have any specific complaints with this software.
Keeping your financial accounts organized is critical to success. Auditing software provides an overview of your financial records to help you avoid discrepancies in your financial statements and to automate your processes to save you time. Whether you are a business manager or a third-party auditor, an audit software can help you manage financial information in one place.
Let me know if you have any other alternatives to ProceesGene in the comments section below.
You can also view Capterra’s audit software directory to view other audit software options.