Does your salon often run short of inventory? Do you forget customer appointments or bookings? Running a salon can be hectic. Have you tried a salon software to organize your business?
Millennium is a popular salon software. The software offers appointment management, inventory control, and reporting features. Millennium’s real-time monitoring feature provides business snapshots while the dashboard displays performance metrics. The software also has online booking and sends auto-confirmation and reminder e-mails to customers.
Millennium integrates with Vantiv and Intuit QuickBooks for credit card processing and accounting. The software also features membership billing and call center booking. The software tracks customer purchases, stores photos, and notes, and designs customer loyalty programs. Small, medium and large salons can use Millennium software. It also offers a native iOS app.
Capterra ranks Millennium at the top in the Top 20 popular salon software post. Despite its awesomeness, there are many alternative salon software to Millennium. Read on to know about the top five alternatives to Millennium.
1. Salon Iris
Salon Iris manages your bookings, customer data, and reports. The point of sale system and the integrated credit card processing features make check-out easy. You can also scan and add coupons to improve customer loyalty.
Salon Iris offers drag-and-drop options to make bookings. The software displays appointments in a color-coded format. The dashboard displays business summary and productivity meter readings. Salon Iris also integrates with QuickBooks.
- The software is easy to use and offers quick customer service support
- The features most loved by Capterra reviewers include text messaging, alerts, and appointment tracking
- Capterra reviewers feel that the software needs to constantly update itself to meet new requirements
- Some reviewers feel that the learning curve for the software is too steep and additional charges for certain features make the software costly
The costs of the various editions are as follows:
- Solo: $39 per month
- Standard: $69 per month
- Pro: $109 per month
- Network: $159 per month
- Multi-location: $249 per month
Click here for detailed pricing information.
Booker is a cloud-based salon software. The software provides online booking, customer management, and point of sale functions. The tracking and reporting features of the software help manage customer data. The eCommerce and online gift cards feature enable online sales. You can customize the booking page to fit your brand.
The Booker platform supports customer interaction and online payments as well. The software lets you create and publish promotional offers on Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks. Customers can make bookings via these social media sites as well. A business intelligence dashboard provides insights into your sales and marketing efforts. Other capabilities include membership management, inventory management, and reporting. You also get native and browser-based apps.
- The software is easy to use and offers great customer service
- Capterra reviewers like the online booking, reports, client profiles, dashboard, and email marketing features of the software
- Capterra reviewers complain that the software crashes or hangs often, leading to downtime
Prices for the different editions are as follows:
- Basic: $85 per month
- Standard: $135 per month
Booker offers customized pricing to meet your needs. Click here to view pricing information.
SuperSalon is one of Capterra’s most reviewed salon software options. The software manages bookings, payroll, and inventory. SuperSalon is compatible with PCs and touchscreen devices. The point of sale system lets customers check-in and check-out easily to buy services.
SuperSalon supports drag-and-drop reporting and forecasting. The central management system tracks inventory, price changes, and discounts. You can manage payroll and accounting as well. SuperSalon encrypts data for better security. The software also flags potential service threats. Marketing functions supported by the product include loyalty programs, custom messages, and packages.
- Capterra reviewers love the prompt customer service and ease-of-use of the software
- They also appreciate the software’s reports, inventory tracking, and time punching features
- Capterra reviewers complain of frequent system hang-ups and integration issues
Contact the vendor for a quote.
Vagaro is a cloud-based software for small and mid-sized salons. The software offers online scheduling, point-of-sale services, and reports. Other features include email marketing and multi-location support. The calendar lets you schedule and change bookings. Customers can complete bookings through the website, mobile app, or social media sites like Facebook.
Vagaro sends automated reminders, follow-ups, and emails to customers. You can print receipts, process credit cards, and manage cash functions using the point of sale. The dashboard and reports offer information on employee performance and customer retention. You can also track inventory levels. Vagaro is accessible on multiple device types including smart watches.
- According to Capterra reviewers, one of the biggest plusses of the software is its ease of use
- They also love the software’s email, text and push notifications, reporting, and online booking features
- Capterra reviewers indicate that the software is slow sometimes and doesn’t have attractive templates for gift certificates and calendars
The starting price of the software is $25 per month for salon service with only one employee. The price increases as the number of providers increase. For more than seven service providers, the software is available at $85 per month. For more pricing details, click here.
Merlin is a salon software solution that offers a host of features including appointment booking, billing, and client data management. The software lets you customize some of its features to meet your business requirements. The appointment book sends confirmation messages and automatically creates bills based on the booking. The software lets you store client data in one place.
Merlin’s advanced stock management function automatically notifies you about inventory and stock usage. You also have access to performance comparison and statistics tools. The software copies your old data from previous programs and can connect to point of sale peripherals and touchscreens. Merlin is available in 47 languages and meets the unique requirements of different countries.
- Capterra reviewers love the software’s reporting, loyalty program, and stock management features
- According to a Capterra reviewer, ‘Merlin is the best possible solution for managing and organizing the entire business of our beauty salon. It has a full range of settings, options, and constant online support.’
- The common issues mentioned include non-availability of tech support on French holidays and slow speed of report generation
- Contact vendor for pricing information.
Salon software can be a great fix for problems like missed appointments, payment processing errors, and low inventory. It can also help you manage your business and improve customer loyalty.
Check out Capterra’s directory on salon software for information on other alternatives. If you already use a salon software, do share your experiences in the comments section below.