You need tons of patience and plenty of energy to manage a child care center. You also have to deal with children. But don’t worry! Child care software can help you. Child care software saves you time by automating administrative tasks such as admissions, invoicing, and reporting. Most child care software options also integrate with social media tools so you can communicate with parents on social media from within the software.
Procare is a popular child care management software. It stores and organizes child and family information. You collect tuition fees online with their Tuition Express module and manage staff hours and vacation time with the Payroll module. There are also modules for attendance tracking, accounting, and data management. Most users appreciate Procare’s customer service as well. The software is widely used by day care centers, pre-schools, and other child care organizations.
But maybe Procare isn’t the choice for you. Here are seven other great child care software options to choose from.
LifeCubby is a cloud-based child care management system. Major features include daily class sheets, lesson plans, and reports. You also have options for digital check-in/check-out, meal tracking, and capturing photos and videos. The software uses SSL encryption techniques, firewalls, and automated backups to ensure data security.
LifeCubby has a customizable app where daycare staff can share photos, videos, alerts, and reports on the child’s progress with parents. The software is also approved by California Department of Education and other agencies.
- Capterra reviewers love the photo and video features as well as the communication tools
- Users also mention that the software is easy to learn and can handle multiple-child accounts
- Some reviewers on Capterra mention that the software produces errors when two children have the same name that makes getting the correct child difficult. Users also mentioned occasional app freezes and slow speeds.
The starting price is $14.95 per month for 1 – 15 students. Click here for detailed pricing information.
Kinderlime is a child care software that helps day care centers and after-school programs save time and effort. The software replaces paper sign-in sheets and attendance tracking with digital sign-in / sign-out. It generates invoices based on how many classes each child attended. Parents can pay bills online through the software.
The application allows you to send parents photos and monthly newsletters. Kinderlime also supports marketing efforts by integrating with Facebook and Google Plus. Parents and teachers can access the software on their mobile phones as well.
- The sign-in / sign-out feature is the most loved feature of the product and alerts parents via email about their child’s daily routine
- Capterra reviewers also love the customer service and user-friendliness of the software
- Some of the reviewers mention that they would like to see additional features such as spell check added to the newsletter
- One of the reviewers wrote that making corrections to sign-in / sign-out times can be tricky
HiMama is a child care app that helps parents and child care centers communicate. The software takes photos and captures video of children and sends them to parents. It also sends parents reports and messages with important updates. There is also a mobile-friendly parent portal.
HiMama is a comprehensive solution and offers other features such as attendance management, scheduling, lesson plans, and calendars. The software can import data like contact details and medical records from other platforms, as well as provide online training and ‘how to’ videos.
- Parents love the high-quality photos, videos, and the constant engagement with day care centers.
- Some of the reviewers on Capterra mentioned difficulties in scrolling down and adding/viewing comments while using the software’s mobile app.
Pricing details are not publicly available. You can contact HiMama for pricing information.
EZ-Care Childcare Management Software
EZ-Care Software automates registrations, fee collection, and reporting. It tracks child pick-up/drop-off and schedules classes and lesson plans. The waitlist management feature helps you maximize program enrollments.
EZ-Care stores and tracks child data such as family information, schedules, attendance, and medical records. Integrations with email and phone messages improve parent-staff communication. The software also offers accounting and payment processing features. You can manage multiple centers with a single database using EZ-Care.
- Users love the online registration, e-payments, payroll, and customizable reports.
- Capterra reviewers mention the software is user-friendly, flexible, and offers great customer service.
- Some of the reviewers on Capterra raised doubts about the stability of the product and mentioned that the reports feature can be tricky to use.
EZ-Care offers three versions of its product:
- Express – $59 per month
- Essentials – $99 per month
- Premier – $149 per month
For more information on pricing, please click here.
Jackrabbit Care is an online child care management software. Scheduling, billing, and attendance tracking are its main features. The software organizes and stores all student information in one place. The time clock tracks both employee and student attendance. Parents and staff register their attendance using the assigned PINs.
Jackrabbit also supports communication with parents. An online portal allows parents to view reports, update information, and make payments. You can manage multiple centers using the software.
- Jackrabbit Care integrates with email systems to help you communicate directly with parents
- Capterra reviewers appreciate the software’s ability to keep record of all communications, track revenue, manage family enrollments, and fix operational issues
- Capterra users do not mention any problems with the product
The starting price of JackRabbit Care is $29 per month for 0 – 29 students. You can click here for more information on pricing.
Childcare Manager is an integrated day care management solution. You do not have to buy different modules since it is an all-in-one solution. It supports all major child care functions including record keeping, accounting, and payment processing. Childcare Manager is easy to navigate and displays a complete list of child, parent, and employee names.
There are eight sections to the software. Each caters to specific functions such as information center, reporting, or accounting. You can access information such as employee timesheets and family contacts from a single location. The Rapid Tuition feature lets you receive simultaneous payment using auto-pay options. You can track accounts receivables as well.
- Capterra reviewers love the billing, Rapid Tuition, and student and employee tracking features offered by Childcare Manager
- Some reviewers suggest improving features such as ‘Relations,’ notes on staff, and time calculation
The standard edition of Childcare Manager costs $795 for a small center. Click here to learn more about pricing options.
Sandbox Child Care Management offers features such as time clock, online registrations, automated billing, reports, and data management. The software supports role-based access to family and staff information.
Sandbox’s time clock tracks attendance of students and staff. Online registrations help to sync data with the application. The software is also developing a parent portal to improve communication with parents. You can send automated invoices and bills to parents and they can pay through debit or credit cards.
- Digital sign-in, billing, and record-keeping are some of the most loved features
- Capterra reviewers love the software’s user-friendly interface, customizations, and great customer service
- Some Capterra reviewers wanted more features such as customizable reports and integration with QuickBooks
The starting price of the software is $29 per month for home day cares. For other centers, the pricing starts at $59 per month. Click here to know more about the pricing structure.
Are you eager to try out child care software to simplify your daily work schedule? Capterra’s child care management software directory is a good place to start your software search.
If you already use a child care software, tell us what you love about it in the comments below!