So, you think your organization is ready for a learning management system (LMS).
Congratulations! You and your learners are about to embark on an exciting eLearning journey that will hopefully result in improved performance, higher learner engagement, and—despite the potentially high cost of an LMS—money saved.
But before you can experience all these benefits, you need to find the LMS that’s right for your organization, and that can be a tough job.
LMSs are big, sometimes complicated systems. And, especially if your organization has never used one before, you might not know exactly what you’re looking for.
And how are you supposed to find the best LMS when you don’t even know what you need?
The questions in our quiz will help you think through what you need from a learning management system. After answering these questions, you should be able to articulate what your organization is looking for when speaking to LMS vendors about whether they would be a good fit.
Bonus: After completing this quiz, you’ll receive an email with your answers detailing your LMS requirements. You can compile those requirements and send them to LMS vendors that meet your needs. Or use them to create a business case to present to your manager.
How the LMS quiz works
This quiz functions as a tool that will walk you through your LMS purchase decision.
Below are a few guidelines for completing it:
- If you’re not sure of an answer, your best guess will get you on your way to more precise answers.
- We’ve divided this quiz into sections, so feel free to skip any sections that don’t apply to you or your LMS search.
- For some questions, you can pick more than one answer. Pick all attributes that apply to your company’s needs.
- [Words in brackets] in certain questions indicate a place where you should fill in the blank with your best answer.
Here’s a handy checklist to help you through the next steps:
You can also check out a few of our other articles for more information about LMSs and eLearning:
- 4 Powerful Employee Training Tips for Startups
- The Top 5 TED Talks for Online Education Professionals
- Try Before You Buy: 5 Steps to Get the Most Out of LMS Demos
- Top 20 Most Affordable LMS Software
- Top 20 Most User-Friendly LMS Software
- You Have a New Learning Management System! Now What?
Did this quiz help you better articulate your needs? Did I leave anything out? Are there questions about your LMS search that I’ve left unanswered? Do you have any tips or tricks for finding the right LMS?
Let me know in the comments below!
Looking for Learning Management System software? Check out Capterra's list of the best Learning Management System software solutions.