When it comes to choosing the best mobile tool for your sales staff, the choices are endless. But where do you start? After all, implementing any new tool can take a considerable amount of time and expense so it’s important to get it right the first time.
The following tips will help you decide how to choose what’s best for both your business and your staff.
1. Evaluate your needs
- Are you starting from scratch or are you replacing something that’s outdated or not working?
- Do you feel that your sales staff isn’t as productive as it should be? Are they performing too many administrative tasks?
- Are you looking to improve communication? Do you have an effective way to reach all of your sales staff with the same message at the same time?
These are some of the questions you should be asking to get started in the right direction.
2. Research your options
- Next, you will need to research what options are available given your industry and the specific needs of your business.
- If there is an industry standard, is it still your best choice? If there is another mobile tool out there, will it fill the needs of your business better than what others in your industry are using?
It’s important not to get stuck just because everyone else is doing the same thing. Doing adequate research could help you to have a more effective tool that will specifically help your business.
3. Contact potential vendors
- The best way to know if a mobile tool will work well for your business is to talk to people who can answer your questions.
- Reach out to potential vendors and see if you can either arrange a demo of their product or if you can have a free trial. You won’t know exactly how the product will work for your business unless you have a way of testing it beforehand.
- Also, make sure to ask for references of their customers so you can find out how the mobile tool worked for them and how it’s benefited their business.
4. Perform a cost analysis
- Now it’s time for you to compare all of the information from the previous tips.
- You will want to consider your budget as well as the impact purchasing the mobile tool will have on your business. While it may cost you time in the beginning for training and implementation, you must weigh that with the cost and time it can potentially save you in the future.
- Consider ease of use and how much having the mobile tool will help your sales representatives streamline their job functions and allow them to be more productive.
5. Involve your staff in the decision-making process
While you may not want to leave the entire process up to your sales staff, it’s important that they are involved in the decision.
They will be the ones using the mobile tool the most and they can help you sort out things you may not have thought of or considered. Pick a few individuals from your sales staff that you can count on to be objective and they may be able to help you narrow down your choices.
Overall, the decision to choose a mobile tool for your sales reps should not be taken lightly. Evaluating your needs, doing adequate research, reaching out to potential vendors, performing a cost analysis, and involving your staff in the decision will help you to choose the best mobile tool for the job.
This will also help you to avoid making costly mistakes and have a mobile tool that will continue to pay for itself over time.
Looking for software? Check out Capterra's list of the best software solutions.