I’ve completed hundreds of surveys, but I didn’t realize what it took to build one until I had to do it myself. Typing, structuring, and distributing surveys is tedious work. And it takes hours to collate the responses and analyze them for insights.
So I began looking for software to help me out. That’s how I stumbled upon SurveyMonkey. SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular survey software options on the market. It’s free to use for building survey questionnaires, offers more than 15 question types, and supports custom logos and branding. Once you email the survey link to your target audience, you can collect responses in real-time. The software also features text analysis for categorizing open-ended responses, filtering, and cross-tabbing options to analyze data. The tool integrates with SPSS as well.
Even if SurveyMonkey’s features sound good, before making your decision you may want to explore other similar software. Read this article to learn about seven popular alternatives to SurveyMonkey.
Zoho Survey helps in building survey questions, as well as branding and distributing your survey. Survey templates are available in more than 30 languages. Customizable themes let you modify the colors and designs to match your brand.
Zoho offers real-time reporting and analytics features so you can glean insights from your results. The software integrates with Zoho Sheet and Google Sheets as well to help you spot the trends and share the reports with colleagues or clients. Zoho Survey also integrates with collaboration tools such as MailChimp, Zoho CRM, and SalesIQ.
Zoho surveys are SSL certified. You can also use the CAPTCHA and multiple response protection options to prevent spamming.
- Zoho Survey is user-friendly and helps to organize different types of survey questions such as yes/no questions, rating questions, and matrix-type questions
- One of the biggest strengths of Zoho is its integrations with a host of other applications that make deployment and data analysis easier
- Capterra reviewers mention that compared to other software in the market, Zoho lacks in styling, customizable themes, and interface design offerings
Zoho Survey offers a free version that supports limited survey questions and responses.
The prices for the other editions are as follows:
- Standard: $19 per month (billed annually)
- Premium: $24 per month (billed annually)
- Enterprise: $41 per month (billed annually)
For more details on pricing, click here.
SoGoSurvey is a comprehensive online survey tool for the healthcare, non-profit, and education industries. The software offers multiple survey design templates, question types, and a database of common questions and answers. The surveys are available in over 37 languages.
SoGoSurvey’s distribution module lets you share surveys through email or social media. You can also track response engagement. The software analyzes data in real-time and creates customizable reports. SoGoSurvey’s reporting module offers 18 types of reports.
The software saves time by pre-populating survey information such as name, gender, etc. You can set rules and alerts and control question flow based on respondent answers. SoGoSurvey is accessible on smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
- Capterra reviewers love the reporting and analysis features of the software
- Reviewers also like the variety of question types available, the drag-and-drop options for building a questionnaire, and export options
- Though most Capterra reviewers did not have any complaints, some suggest that improving the attractiveness of its interface could help streamline the software
SoGoSurvey offers both free and paid plans. The software also offers discounts to students and non-profit organizations.
- Plus edition: $144 per year
- Pro edition: $480 per year
- Enterprise edition: $1190 per year
Click here for pricing details.
SurveyGizmo offers more than 40 question types including check boxes, Likert scales, NPS, heat maps, and open text. Questions and themes are customizable and optimized for mobile phones as well as desktops.
The software supports multiple languages. SurveyGizmo offers branching and skip logic features that display questions based on user responses. Advanced reporting features such as TURF, cross tabs, and comparisons generate ready-to-use reports along with charts and graphs. For data security, the software provides firewalls, security scans, and anti-hacking measures.
SurveyGizmo integrates with Salesforce and other marketing cloud CRMs.
- Reviewers on Capterra like the software’s ease-of-use and features like reporting, design flexibility, and customer service
- Some reviewers mention trouble integrating the software with third-party sites
SurveyGizmo offers free and paid versions for both individuals and teams.
SurveyGizmo’s pricing plans for individuals are as follows:
- Basic license: $300 annually
- Standard License: $1,000 annually
- Market Research License: $1,500 annually
QuestionPro is an online software that helps to create surveys, collect responses, and analyze results. The software allows you to build customized surveys using over 30 question types. The tool has a pre-written question library that supports over 75 languages, images, and videos. You can share the surveys via emails, social media, or embedded in websites.
Advanced features offered by QuestionPro include text piping, skip logic, branching, looping, and randomization. You also get a full suite of reporting and analysis tools. You can export data to Excel, SPSS, Dropbox, or Google Drive. The data visualization module helps present data in a creative way.
QuestionPro secures your data and is compliant with Safe Harbor, TRUSTe, and HTTPs regulations.
- Capterra reviewers appreciate the software’s ease of use, cost-effectiveness, and 24/7 customer service support
- Some of the most-loved features include analytics, customization options, and the ability to upload videos and images
- One of the reviewers complained about unreliable data results and the lack of indexing feature for documentation
QuestionPro offers both free and license versions. The software is available in the following editions:
- Professional edition: $19 per month
- Premium edition: $25 per month
- Corporate edition: $75 per month
Click here for more pricing information.
Qualtrics Research suite offers online survey building and analysis tools. The software offers over 100 question types and custom-branded online surveys. Other features offered include embedded data, display logic, branching, email reports, and offline compatibility. The software is accessible on mobile devices as well.
Qualtrics also generates real-time insights. You can choose from over 30 different graph types to create real-time web and email reports. You can export data to SPSS, Word, PDF, PowerPoint, or other CRM applications.
Qualtrics integrates with third-party applications to support collaboration and data scalability.
- The software is simple to use and offers great customization options
- Capterra reviewers are delighted with the customer service, training, and tutorials materials
- Capterra reviewers mention having trouble downloading data and redesigning surveys and voiced the need for more API integrations
Contact Qualtrics for pricing details.
GetFeedback lets you create and send mobile-friendly online surveys. The software supports survey design, survey distribution, and reporting functions. You can design surveys branded with your logo and style. The application also offers a set of pre-built survey templates and a variety of question types.
With GetFeedback, you can create multiple branches to a survey based on user responses. You also have answer piping and merge field options. GetFeedback lets you monitor survey results as well. The software’s built-in analytics tool creates summary reports with detailed view options. You can also export the user responses to Excel/CSV formats and to third-party applications such as Salesforce. This helps the sales team to get NPS or CSAT scores and initiate the sales cycle.
- Capterra reviewers love that they can store the survey results in any CRM or ERP software of their choice
- The software is easy to use and offers great customer service support
- While most reviewers seemed happy with the features and updates offered by the software, some wished for more options in question logics and language choices
GetFeedback is available in two edition:
- GetFeedback Professional: $50 per month
- GetFeedback Enterprise: $150 per month
You can view detailed pricing information here.
MySurveyLab.com is an online survey and questionnaire tool aimed at small companies and professionals. The software helps you design surveys for market research as well as gauge customer experience and employee satisfaction. The tool also helps determine net promoter scores.
MySurveyLab.com integrates with applications for CRM, eShop, BI, and DWH. Zendesk, Salesforce, Slack, and Prestashop are some of its prominent partners. You can view the surveys on PCs, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. The tool also collects data using SMS and QR codes. MySurveyLab.com offers multi-language support and survey translations.
- Capterra reviewers like the software’s cross-tabulation features, hot spot questions, and heat maps
- They also appreciate the quick customer service offered
- Reviewers on Capterra and its partner websites do not mention any specific cons about the software
The pricing structure for MySurveyLab.com software is as follows:
- Standard edition: € 9 per month
- Standard Plus edition: € 29 per month
- Professional edition: € 99 per month
You can visit the vendor website for detailed pricing information.
Are you a researcher, student, marketing professional, HR executive, freelancer, or any other professional? Have you had a hard time completing survey assignments? Or did you use a smart tool to help you do the job?
Share your experiences in the comments section below.
If you want to know more options about survey software available, Capterra’s survey software directory has over 200 survey software options to help you choose the right one for you.