I’ve written quite a few blog posts about the importance of software user reviews and why every vendor must have them for their software products. I could write hundreds of posts and thousands of words on the topic, but nothing is more convincing than seeing the hard numbers.
To help you make the case, I’ve curated this list of customer reviews stats from various online sources and research to best present the importance of collecting customer reviews to the rest of your team.
1. 88% of consumers say that they trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. (Source: BrightLocal) >> Tweet this!
2. 70% of consumers say business service reviews (recruiting services, agencies) are as or more important than reviews of personal services (home contractors, babysitters). (Source: Capterra) >> Tweet this!
3. Customers spend 31% more with a business that has “excellent” reviews. (Source: Invesp) >> Tweet this!
4. Buyers consult reviews early in the search, with 68% reading reviews as they build their shortlist. (Source: Software Advice) >> Tweet this!
5. 40% of buyers form an opinion of a business after reading just 1-3 reviews. (Source: BrightLocal) >> Tweet this!
6. 97% of B2B buyers said that user generated content, like user reviews, is more credible than other types of content. (Source: Thismoment) >> Tweet this!
7. 52% of buyers say they trust a product more if they have a few negative reviews of their product. (Source: Capterra) >> Tweet this!
8. Reviews can have an impact of up to 10% on a business’s search rankings. (Source: Webrepublic) >> Tweet this!
9. 78% of buyers who read reviews were satisfied with their final purchase. (Source: Software Advice) >> Tweet this!
10. 44% of consumers say a review must be written within one month to be considered relevant. (Source: BrightLocal) >> Tweet this!
11. 64% of software buyers want to read at least 6 reviews before making a purchase decision. (Source: Capterra) >> Tweet this!
12. 89% of users will make a purchase within one week of reading reviews. (Source: ReachLocal) >> Tweet this!
13. 72% of buyers will take action only after reading a positive review. (Source: BrightLocal) >> Tweet this!
14. Software companies with reviews on Capterra get 22% more traffic to their website and 79% more leads than vendors without reviews. (Source: Capterra) >> Tweet this!
What are your thoughts on these customer reviews stats? How does your team treat customer reviews?
Looking for software? Check out Capterra's list of the best software solutions.