Do you ever find yourself wishing you had more time? Today, almost everybody does. In fact, according to research done by 104 percent, people want more time more than anything else.
Unfortunately, I can’t actually hand you some more time. But I can tell you that property management software can save you a lot of it! And here’s the great thing about that: because property management software is so good at saving you time, it makes your job easier and gives your business a strong chance of being more profitable.
Here are four ways property management software can save you time:
1. Property management software automates processes that take you hours to do manually.
Property management software is made to take the burden off of the property manager by handling many day-to-day processes. In addition to saving time, software carries out these processes promptly and effectively with less error and zero redundancy.
Property management software can:
- Collect rent online and send it directly to the bank.
- Automatically email or text your tenants (individuals or groups) to alert them of updates and notices.
- Schedule maintenance checks and notify you when it’s time for one.
- Post and update online ads automatically.
2. Property management software efficiently manages client records.
Instead of giving your prospective tenants a stack of forms to fill out, they can fill in their information quickly and easily on a computer – even at home. All the information is easy to access, and your records won’t be taking up valuable space in your office. Software makes it much easier to search your files, and it actively helps you. For instance, you can search for a property by zip code, owner, date of rent, or account balance. On top of this, there are often built-in reporting templates that you can use for your statements instead of painstakingly creating your own.
3. Property management software keeps working when you’re out of the office.
Property management software continues to work even when you’re not actually interacting with the system. Here are a couple quick examples of how software can save time while you’re out of the office:
- Tenants could pay rent, leave messages, and find information online.
- Employees can find everything they need in the system rather than calling you for answers.
- Prospective clients can find your ads online and complete applications electronically.
- Contractors could search for maintenance records and fix issues without involving you.
When you’re back in the office, your job is much easier, since most of it has been done for you.
4. Property management software integrates different aspects of your business.
Rather than continuing to rely on various stand-alone systems and Excel spreadsheets, the typical property management software will have all the functionality you need to cover your entire operation – property tracking, accounting, collections, payroll, marketing, and more. And it easily integrates with most best-of-breed solutions so you can make it work with your current processes.
An integrated system saves you time by consolidating records so you don’t have to worry about switching between systems for different functions. That means all of your departments automatically share information, without even having to try.
Using software for any or all of these things can save you significant time. Don’t let time limit you when you can do something about it.