Rid your Facebook newsfeed of unappealing content by unliking pages, comments, and posts.
Since Facebook ads target users based on their likes, unliking pages that no longer post content that appeals to you will help you avoid irrelevant ads on your newsfeed. Facebook also allows its users to unlike status updates, photos, and comments. This feature may prove useful if you accidentally like a post or comment that you didn’t intend to.
Unlike a post on Facebook
There are two different methods that may be used to unlike a status update or photo (otherwise known as posts) on Facebook:
Follow these simple steps to unlike a post using the activity log.
1. Open Facebook and click the down caret in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Select “Settings & Privacy” from the drop down menu.
3. Click “Activity Log.”
4. Click “Interactions.”
5. Select “Likes and reactions.”
6. Select the checkbox next to the post(s) you wish to unlike.
7. Click the “Remove” button.
8. Click “Remove” again to unlike a previously liked post.
Follow these steps to unlike a post directly from your newsfeed.
1. Open your Facebook newsfeed and navigate to the post that you want to unlike.
2. Locate the blue thumbs up icon underneath the post, this is the “Like” button. The button will be highlighted in blue to show that this post has previously been liked.
3. To unlike the post, click the “Like” button once. The text will turn gray and the thumbs up icon will turn white with a gray outline once unliked.
Unlike a comment on Facebook
When scrolling through comments on a Facebook post, you may find yourself accidentally liking a comment that you didn’t intend to like. To quickly unlike a Facebook comment, follow these two simple steps:
1. Open your Facebook newsfeed and find the post that contains the comment you would like to unlike, then locate the comment within the post.
2. Click the “Like” button to unlike the comment. Once the “Like” button is clicked, it will turn from blue to grey and the thumbs up icon will disappear. This signifies that you have successfully unliked a comment.
Unlike a single Facebook page
Ever notice a post on your timeline by a page that you no longer wish to see content from? Unliking a single Facebook page is a quick and easy process, and here’s how you do it:
1. First, open your Facebook newsfeed and locate the search bar at the top left hand corner of the screen. Type the name of the Facebook page you want to unlike into the search bar.
2. Next, select the Facebook page that you wish to unlike from the drop down menu.
3. Click the blue thumbs up icon to navigate to the home screen of the Facebook page that you wish to unlike.
4. To officially unlike the Facebook page, click the “Liked” button located to the right of the “More” tab.
Unlike multiple Facebook pages
Facebook users may only like up to 5,000 Facebook pages. Removing pages to make room for new pages can be a tedious and time consuming process. Follow these three steps to efficiently unlike multiple Facebook pages:
1. Open your Facebook newsfeed and select the “Pages” tab from the menu on the left side of the screen.
2. Then, click the “Liked Pages” tab from the “Pages” menu on the left side of the screen.
3. Click the “Liked” button for each Facebook page that you would no longer wish to “like” to quickly unlike multiple Facebook pages.
Social media is a powerful tool used for networking and marketing purposes. When you unlike something on Facebook, you take control over the content you consume. Therefore, it is vital to regularly check your liked pages, followers, and privacy settings in order to ensure the content you’re exposed to is relevant to you. Check out this article on Facebook blocking to learn more about how to limit annoying or malicious Facebook posts, comments, and messages.