One of the main responsibilities of marketers today is lead generation. How can we send more leads to our sales team and make sure those leads are actually ready to buy?
What channels are best in order to reach our target audience? What will make them click on the ad and fill out a form? Sure, technology makes it easier for marketers to reach their target market, but it also makes it just as easy for those prospects to ignore or block your promotions.
This results in marketers needing to develop more creative lead gen campaigns, utilizing social media, email, and content marketing, just to name a few.
So as the first half of 2015 comes to a close, check out these fascinating lead gen statistics to guide your digital strategy for the rest of the year.
1. 94% of B2B buyers conduct some type of research online before making a purchase. (Source: MarketingCharts) <<Tweet this stat!
2. More than 80% of B2B leads generated through social media are from LinkedIn. (Source: Oktopost) <<Tweet this stat!
3. 77% of B2B marketers plan to increase their use of LinkedIn. (Source: Social Media Examiner) <<Tweet this stat!
4. 91% of B2B buyers never respond to an unsolicited inquiry. (Source: No More Cold Calling) <<Tweet this stat!
5. 60% of executives say that email is their best performing channel in regards to ROI. (Source: Business 2 Community) <<Tweet this stat!
6. 68% of B2B companies use landing pages to generate new leads for their sales teams. (Source: MarketingSherpa via HubSpot) <<Tweet this stat!
7. The three most commonly used lead gen strategies are email marketing (78%), event marketing (73%), and content marketing (67%). (Source: Demand Metric Research Corporation) <<Tweet this stat!
8. Improving the quality of leads generated and increasing the quantity of leads generated top the list as the most important lead gen objectives for businesses. (Source: Ascend2) <<Tweet this stat!
9. 75% of B2B buyers use social media to support their purchase decisions. (Source: International Data Corporation) <<Tweet this stat!
10. About 96% of website visitors are not ready to buy. (Source: Marketo) <<Tweet this stat!
11. Marketing automation software has generated twice as many leads as email marketing software in 2015 so far. (Source: Statista) <<Tweet this stat!
12. 74% of marketers spend more than $50 per lead generated, with 5% spending more than $1,000. (Source: Mintigo) <<Tweet this stat!
13. Only 13% say their lead gen strategies are “very successful” in achieving their main objectives. (Source: Ascend2) <<Tweet this stat!
14. Almost 50% of marketers say inbound marketing strategies are their primary source of leads, double that of outbound. (Source: HubSpot) <<Tweet this stat!
15. 88% of users leave the wrong information when filling out an online form. (Source: Mintigo) <<Tweet this stat!
16. 83% of B2B marketers use content marketing to achieve their lead generation goals. (Source: CMI) <<Tweet this stat!
17. Marketers who blog are 13 times more likely to drive positive ROI than those who don’t. (Source: HubSpot) <<Tweet this stat!
18. By 2020, 5% of sales will be driven by data collected through wearable devices. (Source: Gartner) <<Tweet this stat!
How do your lead gen experiences compare to these stats? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Looking for software? Check out Capterra's list of the best software solutions.