Software reviews are an effective way to enhance your business reputation online and impress more software buyers! In fact, 84% of people trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations, and 92% of consumers read online reviews when making a purchasing decision.
This post will recap our recent webinar, How to Get More Business Buzz by Leveraging Reviews, hosted by Capterra’s Manager of Vendor Reviews, Mark DiGiammarino. Get started by checking out the webinar highlights below, and remember that you can view the full recording anytime!
By now you know that reviews are part of developing a successful brand reputation online for your software, but have you taken your review efforts to the next level to really reach and impress more buyers? Read on for our top tips to get more value from your reviews, and recommendations for creative ways to showcase your reviews for maximum impact.
Three Secrets to Get More Value from Your Reviews
- You need to be an active participant: It’s important to prioritize both review collection efforts as well as how to leverage the reviews you collect in order to impress your savvy software customers. Reviews are testimonials from clients — and are a great resource to stand out in a competitive market — but for them to be effective, you must prioritize taking control of your online reputation. Not sure where to start? Our free Reviews as a Service program makes it simple to quickly collect reviews from your clients.
- Replying to reviews makes a big impact: Not only does replying to your reviews make your reviewer feel that their feedback was appreciated, it also makes a great impression on your readers (who may be potential new clients). Replying to reviews shows that you value all your customer’s feedback, and care about your brand — especially when handled quickly and professionally. As an added bonus, it gives you the opportunity to acknowledge any issues flagged. You can easily manage and respond to all reviews right within your Vendor Portal.
- You can’t get complacent: Once you collect a decent quantity of reviews, don’t stop your efforts! Review recency matters to show that the feedback is still relevant today, and is one of the elements of strong reviews that can be commonly overlooked. Beyond being one of the first attributes that consumers look for when scanning your reviews, a healthy collection of recent reviews also helps your discoverability online by collecting more SEO juice. Learn more about why review recency matters by reading this previous blog post.
Now that you know why your review recruitment efforts matter, let’s discuss some creative ways you can showcase your reviews — including proven tips that have worked for other software vendors.
Six Creative Ways to Leverage Your Reviews
- Add reviews to your website: The best place to share your reviews to catch the eye of more clients is on your software’s website. Add the Capterra reviews badge, which is available within your Vendor Portal once you have at least one user review. Place the review badge in a prominent position on your site for the most impact, such as above the fold on your homepage and on any testimonials pages.
- Promote your earned badges: Once you start to collect quality reviews, you can become eligible for various awards and recognition programs such as inclusion in industry leading reports like Capterra’s Top 20s, Software Advice’s FrontRunners Quadrants, and GetApp’s Category Leaders. Proudly showcase these earned badges on your website and marketing materials to help you build credibility and stand out to more buyers.
- Use review quotes as social proof: Pulling attributed real quotes from favorite reviews is a great way to build trust and add social proof to your marketing. It allows you to let your clients do the selling for you by sharing why they love your product and how it’s helped them see success. You can add these quotes to your website, sales collateral and more. Just be sure to seek permission if needed and link back to the review as a best practice.
- Share on social media: Sharing recent reviews is a great addition to your social media content schedule. As you now know, social validation is a big part of the software research process, so showing off your reviews to your followers is a great idea. Simply link to your recent review and to thank the user for their feedback. You can also directly ask for reviews to your social audience to add to your ongoing review recruitment stream!
- Host contests and special promotions: Consider adding review contests and dedicated campaigns into your marketing calendar throughout the year to naturally add review collection and sharing to your business cycle. Remember, review collection can’t just be done a few times a year since recency is so important! Then you can use the newly collected reviews to keep your reviews and testimonials fresh to really leverage the impact of your new reviews.
- Showcase reviews at events: Beyond your website and marketing materials, be sure to promote reviews badges and earned awards at every event! This builds trust and generates attention for your reviews and your credibility in your software’s space with the event attendees. As an added bonus consider adding review collection efforts to your next expo or event to generate more new reviews from active participants and users of your product.
Ready for more advice? Watch the full webinar here:
If you’re interested in tips to boost your review recruitments efforts, don’t miss our webinar, 10 Easy Ways to Collect More Online Reviews. Plus, for more great education on-demand, check out all our past webinars available on Capterra’s Vendor Webinars YouTube channel.
If you have webinar topics you would like to see covered in the future, please comment below or email us at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you!