It’s time for your business to purchase a marketing automation system, so which one should you choose? With close to 200 solutions on the market, it seems like an impossible task.
One way to narrow down the choices is to only consider systems that integrate with your current CRM. Salesforce is used by over 100,000 companies and millions of users to manage their customer databases. Chances are, if you use Salesforce, you need a marketing automation system that will integrate with it.
I’ve done all the work for you and put together this list of some of the most popular marketing automation solutions that integrate with Salesforce.
As a Salesforce-owned product, Pardot integrates with the CRM system much more closely than other marketing automation solutions. Since it’s still a fairly new acquisition, a completely seamless integration isn’t quite there yet. However, their goal is to reach that level of functionality, so investing in Pardot now will benefit your CRM and marketing automation connection in the long run.
The best uses of Pardot’s integration with Salesforce include:
- Database syncing between both systems to consistently maintain accurate data
- Track data from both systems on one interface
- Send emails and add prospects to nurture tracks from within Salesforce
- Integrate all campaigns, tasks, and assignments
The Act-On marketing automation system “specializes in helping smaller marketing and sales teams succeed.” Their main capabilities include email marketing, automated programs, landing pages and forms, and website visitor tracking.
Some of the best uses of Act-On’s integration with Salesforce are:
- Data synchronization between both systems
- Automatically assign a sales rep to a Salesforce task once a prospect reaches a certain point on a nurture track
- A real-time overview of the entire sales funnel
- Feed form submissions into Salesforce without creating duplicate entries
Launched in 2007, Marketo’s marketing automation platform “gives you the power and flexibility to quickly launch highly targeted campaigns across your marketing channels in order to generate more revenue with less manual effort.” Features included in the system are landing pages and forms, lead nurturing, email marketing, and marketing analytics.
A few of the benefits of the Marketo integration with Salesforce are:
- All custom objects and fields are synced automatically
- Both systems are updated any time a change is made in either one
- Changes made in the CRM framework (fields, objects, etc) are automatically reflected in Marketo
Hubspot differentiates itself as “an inbound marketing software platform that helps companies attract visitors, convert leads, and close customers.” Features included in the marketing automation platform are automated workflows, lead generation tools, email nurturing, and analytics.
Some of the best parts of HubSpot’s integration with Salesforce are:
- The integration process takes minutes and requires no technical knowledge
- Every sales interaction is also recorded in Hubspot, and vice versa
- Personalize emails with data directly from Salesforce
- Use Hubspot’s Social Inbox for even more data about prospects
As Oracle’s marketing automation product, Eloqua allows marketers “to build customer obsessed cultures, create and manage ideal customers, and power revenue performance.” Features offered in the platform are targeting and segmentation, lead management, campaign management, and customer lifecycle marketing.
The best uses of the Eloqua integration with Salesforce include:
- Customize which fields to synchronize between systems
- Supports all editions of Salesforce, across the entire platform (not just the Sales Cloud)
- To prevent duplicate records, all form submissions are checked against both databases before a new lead is created
- If data is updated in an Eloqua form, that new information is also updated in Salesforce
Formerly known as Vocus Marketing Suite, OutMarket integrates “email marketing, landing pages, social media outreach and monitoring, press outreach and monitoring, and robust analytics in one easy-to-use cloud-based system.” Additional features include A/B testing, campaign management, and workflow automation.
The benefits of Outmarket’s integration with Salesforce are:
- Contact information is consistently up to date with a bi-directional sync
- Qualified leads are automatically sent from OutMarket to Salesforce
- Ensuring that the right contacts are getting the right information at the right time
SimplyCast focuses on the user experience with a design that “works the way you think so you can set up your campaigns like a flow chart and let the software do the work for you.” Highlights of the system are lead nurturing, multi-channel campaigns, lead scoring, and detailed reports.
A few of the best uses of the SimplyCast integration with Salesforce include:
- Connecting to Salesforce Leads, Contacts, Records, and Reports
- Adding users to previously created email autoresponders
- Further segmenting your prospect lists to create effective online campaigns
For differentiation, Salesfusion promotes itself as “the only marketing automation software solution that is built on a CRM database…[and so] can integrate at a deeper level to customers’ installed CRM systems.” Key features of their marketing automation product are integrated email campaigns, landing pages and forms, website visitor tracking, and analytics. However, the CRM integration is $50 more per month.
Some of the best uses of Salesfusion’s integration with Salesforce include:
- Use the entirety of Salesfusion within the Salesforce platform
- View all marketing activity and responses in lead and contact records
- Nurture leads seamlessly through the entire sales process
- Capture and sync prospect data from forms and surveys
With Salesforce’s popularity, the list goes on and on, so here are a few more popular marketing automation solutions that integrate with Salesforce:
Does your marketing automation system have Salesforce integration capabilities? What other software integrations does your team use? Share your experiences and recommendations in the comments below.
Looking for Marketing Automation software? Check out Capterra's list of the best Marketing Automation software solutions.