I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: email is not dead! It is still one of the best ways to communicate from a business standpoint. Marketers recognize this innovation and work hard to develop new ways to optimize email marketing practices to better communicate with their audience.
Email Marketing Software has made this an even easier task to accomplish, with custom templates, list management, and analytics. But it’s not as simple as purchasing the software and just sending the email, which is why it’s great that there are so many online resources out there to help marketers make the most of their email marketing campaigns.
Whether you’re new to email marketing, or consider yourself a seasoned expert, there’s always more to learn. I’ve compiled a list of some of the best blogs to read to gain that knowledge.
A provider of email data and optimization, Return Path produces a blog with a wide variety of email topics. From best practices and innovations, to sender reputation and privacy, this blog offers a plethora of helpful articles and studies for all your email marketing questions.
New posts are published multiple times a week. Recent articles include:
- New Welcome Message Study – Find Your Best Customers
- Twelve Tips for Sending Email to an International Audience
- Hook, Line & Sinker: Protecting data against malicious phishing attacks
Managed by the Email Experience Council, their blog covers all things email marketing. The council is the section of the Direct Marketing Association that “strives to enhance the image of email marketing and communications, while celebrating and actively advocating its critical importance in business, and its ROI value.”
They publish many new posts each month, including:
- ISPs Live in the Age of the Customer, Do You?
- The Importance of Digital Attribution in Multichannel Marketing
- Email Marketing Data: Striking the Right Balance Between Convenience and Privacy
Litmus is a tool you can use with your current email marketing software to test and track your emails with detailed analytics and preview capabilities. Their blog focuses on email design and success metrics for your campaigns.
New articles and videos are posted throughout the month. Recent ones include:
- The Impact of Responsive Email, the New Outlook App, and Email Design Contests
- The Tyranny of Tables: Why Web and Email Design are So Different
- The Top Email Marketing + Design Thought Leaders on Twitter
As it says in its headline, this is the “the email marketing best practices destination.” There are articles about everything you need to know about email marketing including deliverability, reporting, and design. You can even go deeper by reading about email best practices for various marketing topics, like B2B, social, mobile, and lead generation.
The articles you’ll see are pulled from other Internet resources, so this is a great place to get the latest headlines from around the industry.
Copyblogger is one of the most popular marketing blogs, so it’s no surprise that their email marketing articles are a must-read. While their posts are not as in-depth as other email marketing focused blogs, the content is still great and very informative.
Recent posts include:
- 5 Innovative Email Marketing Tips That Drive Readers to Action
- Which Email Marketing Strategy Should You Choose: Full Meal or Just the Aroma?
- 8 Smart Ways to Combine Blogging with Email Marketing for Best-Selling Results
This blog is managed by Jordie van Rijn, an independent email marketing consultant. On his blog, he writes about email optimization, trends, best practices, and strategy, just to name a few topics.
Some of his latest articles are:
- Customer Lifetime Value Calculation for Email Marketing
- The future of email marketing 2015 edition
- 150+ fresh A/B email split testing ideas you can use today
Another popular blog for marketing professionals, MarketingSherpa’s section on email marketing is just one of the many categories the blog covers. Email marketing articles seem to be published about once or twice a month, but you can sign up for their newsletter so don’t miss a new post.
The most recent posts include:
- Email Marketing: List segmentation tips using social media and online behavior
- Social Media and Email Integration Predictions for 2014: Were they right?
- Email Marketing: Creating a customer profile
Email Marketing Software Vendor Blogs
And who are some the biggest experts when it comes to email marketing technology? The email marketing software companies! Here’s a list of blogs produced by those companies, focusing on how this kind of software can help your overall marketing strategy.
What are some of your favorite email marketing blogs? Share your suggestions in the comments below.