Modern hotel software offers the functionality that small properties need to meet traveler expectations and demands moving forward.
The pandemic left thousands of small hotels empty across the world, but the hotel industry is preparing for a strong rebound. Meanwhile, traveler expectations have changed.
Instead of price, the hotel guest experience is now driven mostly by safety. Of those who plan on traveling before a vaccine is widespread, 68% say they are willing to pay more to ensure their safety as a guest (full content is available to clients). Hotels of all types must clearly explain their cleaning procedures to attract travelers in 2021 and beyond.
As a hotelier, you will need the right hotel property management software (PMS) software to support this new safety-first strategy and encourage direct bookings online. To help you make an informed decision quickly, we’ve gathered five of the most popular hotel management software designed to assist smaller hotels.
Each of these options, listed alphabetically, has a user review rating of at least four out of five stars in our directory with 10 reviews or more.
Easy Innkeeping from Gracesoft includes several modules to help cover a range of hotel PMS tasks, such as taking reservations, marketing online, completing transactions with a point-of-sale (POS) system, and more. Users can adopt these features separately or integrate them for an all-in-one suite to manage basic front desk and reservation needs as well as digital marketing and channel management.
- Centralized channel management
- Prebuilt report templates with automation
- Online booking engine integrates with website
- Easy Innkeeping’s Basic edition starts at $59 per month and includes the hotel management software, booking engine, and the ability to process credit cards. Advanced and Premium editions offer additional features, such as a customer relationship management (CRM) module, email marketing tools, and integration with popular accounting systems.
Drag-and-drop reservation scheduling in Easy Innkeeping
eZee Absolute is a hotel management system that helps automate each major area of hotel operation with support for any size of hotel, resort, bed-and-breakfast (B&B), hostel, or condo. The software also includes a mobile app to receive alerts and view reports from anywhere on the property and a chatbot to support guests as they book online.
- Oversee multiple properties, booking engines, and guests within a single system
- Flexible point-of-sale (POS) system designed for in-house restaurants or bars
- Manage access to sensitive information with customizable user accounts
- The eZee Absolute cloud property management system starts at $45 per month when paid annually. Separate packages that include the booking engine and channel management software are available, as well as a comprehensive package that includes core modules, such as eZee Frontdesk.
eZee Absolute displays guest contact information while completing transactions for quick reference
Designed to support hotel chains as well as smaller B&Bs and inns, Hotelogix is a cloud-based property management software that integrates with other systems to create an all-in-one platform. The front desk module serves as a centralized dashboard to track reservations, check-ins, and staff duties, which also syncs up with accounting and booking information for real-time management.
- Prioritize housekeeping assignments by room, block, or floor
- Keep online inventory and pricing consistent with channel management software
- Personalize the booking engine to match branding on your website
- Pricing for the Hotelogix Premium edition starts at $65 per month and includes full hotel software functionality with live chat support. Users can opt for advanced packages to add more modules, such as Global Distribution System connections, revenue management, channel management, and accounting software.
Manage individual reservation details in the front desk view of Hotelogix
Sirvoy Booking System’s property management system is designed as a full suite of traditional features, such as frontdesk and back office management, housekeeping, and accounting with the add-on feature of channel manager. It includes a calendar-based reservation system with a booking engine, online transactions, and tools to communicate with guests throughout their stay. The channel manager helps users maintain accurate rates and inventory across all popular online travel sites.
- Customizable and color-coded calendar view
- Visual dashboard shows new bookings, current occupancy, and inventory
- Online booking engine is responsive to any device
- The Sirvoy Booking System starter system that includes all features and a booking engine starts at $9 per month. The pro version adds the channel manager to the regular set of features. Sirvoy Booking System offers a two-week free trial for all functionality.
Optimize room rates for all room inventory based on seasonal changes in Sirvoy Booking System
WebRezPro is a web-based property management system for any type or size of hotel offering front desk management, a booking engine, housekeeping, rate management, accounting, and more. The system also integrates with a dozen other types of software to easily share data across platforms from customer data management to point of sale to smart room technology.
- Two styles of a visual booking engine for your website
- Customizable reminders and alerts for housekeeping and other tasks
- Multiple rate management options for standard, corporate, or special packages
- WebRezPro starts at $60 per month for all functionality with free integrations. Contracts are yearly with a 30-day cancellation policy, and additional users can be set up without fees.
The dashboard view in WebRezPro shows key performance indicators at a glance
To identify the systems featured here, we first entered the term “hotel management software” in Google during the week of January 25, 2021 in an incognito window with the location set to the U.S. Solutions that appeared in the first two pages of search results then had to meet the following criteria to be included here:
- Meet our market definition for hotel management software
- Offer publicly available pricing
- Have at least a four out of five-star rating and at least 10 reviews in our directory
Products are presented in alphabetical order.
Looking for Hospitality Property Management software? Check out Capterra's list of the best Hospitality Property Management software solutions.