The HR tech world is undergoing a revolution.
From mobile, to SaaS, to social media, the HR technology landscape has been changing rapidly.
For instance, it’s finally no longer a question of whether your organization has a human resources software system, but now how it’s deployed.
In fact, things have changed so much in just the two years since we last looked at specific HR stats, we decided to put together some updated numbers, focusing on the technology side of human resources.
1. Companies with “best in class” talent management programs are 26% more likely to be using performance management software. (Source: Aberdeen)
2. 75% of hiring and talent managers use either applicant tracking or recruiting software to improve their hiring process. (Source: Capterra)
3. 64% of employees say their mobile devices make them more productive in the office. (Source: Aruba Network)
4. But, fewer than 20% of companies give employees access to mobile HR apps. (Source: Deloitte University Press)
5. 59% of job-seekers used social media to research a company’s culture before applying. (Source: Jobvite)
6. 47% of companies have HR software that is over seven years old. (Source: Bersin by Deloitte)
7. Companies with newly upgraded HR systems see cost savings of 22% per employee. (Source: Bersin by Deloitte).
8. Spending on cloud-based HR software is growing faster than spending on installed or on-premises HR software, and cloud-based HR software will be 50% or more of total HR technology spending by 2017. (Source: Gartner)
9. Companies who have formalized employee engagement programs have 26% higher annual revenue growth than those who don’t have formalized engagement programs. (Source: Aberdeen)
10. 48% of HR and talent professionals want to replace their current HR software with a cloud-based system by 2018. (Source: Information Services Group)
11. Of those HR professionals who want to replace their HR software in the next year, 54% say it’s because they need better capabilities and functionality. (Source: Brandon Hall)
Any other cool data points I didn’t mention that you think are important for HR professionals to know this year? Add them in the comments!
Looking for Talent Management software? Check out Capterra's list of the best Talent Management software solutions.