Information is power.
The modern dinosaur management professional knows a little bit of information and knowledge can be the difference between life and death.
Information like where the best places to hide during a catastrophic meteor strike are.
Or information like whether Tyrannosaurus Rex can see you if you don’t move.
Or even just information on the best food for your Shantungosaurus to cure his DX prion disease.
So in the spirit of getting dinosaur managers even more information, I’ve put together this handy list of dinosaur management statistics and facts.
Prepare to be startled.
1. Velociraptors can run as fast as 40 MPH.
2. The distance from the surface of the Earth into the lost world of Pellucidar, with its herds of dinosaurs, is roughly 500 miles. Straight down.
3. Tyrannosaurus Rex can totally see you, even if you don’t move.
4. Over 50 different dinosaur species were identified by Professor Challenger in his 1912 exploration of the Curupuri Plateau.
5. InGen has successfully re-spliced the DNA of over 35 different dinosaurs, not counting hybrids.
6. The meteor that created the Chicxulub Crater was 12 miles across and travelling at 45,000 MPH when it hit.
7. 73% of all domesticated dinosaurs are owned by residents of the United States and Argentina, and 64% of domesticated dinosaurs are Ornithischians.
8. The largest dinosaur in the world is the Dreadnoughtus Schrani, weighing 65 tons.
9. The time it takes to decode the genome of any dinosaur species is under one hour, using InGen’s Hammond XB-20 machine.
10. 9 out of 10 dinosaurs are waiting. Right. Behind. You.
Any more cool dinosaur management stats we should include here?
Looking for software? Check out Capterra's list of the best software solutions.